Wednesday, April 8, 2015

To Die Fur, by Dixie Lyle

To Die Fur (Whiskey, Tango & Foxtrot Mystery, #2)To Die Fur by Dixie Lyle
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The first book in the series wasn't bad, but I'm starting to feel as though this series is getting a bit preposterous. Yes, it's fiction, yes, it's paranormal fiction, which means it's going to be a bit out there, but this one goes beyond just "out there."

Cast of characters in this book:
-Foxtrot, seemingly normal PA. Can see and interact with spirit animals.
-Sidekick 1: Whiskey, ghost dog who can change shape at will.
-Sidekick 2: Tango, reincarnated pet cat from Foxtrot's childhood, who speaks multiple animal languages.
-Love Interest/sidekick 3: Ben, a Thunderbird
-Kooky Employer: Wealthy old hippy who spends money like water
-Kooky Employer's Deadbeat son, who seems to exist merely as filler when things get dull.
-Secondary employer, an enigmatic Spirit Crow, seemingly the overseer of the Animal Crossroads.
-Mysterious animal graveyard with an important role in the animal afterlife.

(view spoiler)

I'm to the point where I'm not really even liking the characters. *sigh* But apparently, I am a glutton for punishment, as the next book in the series is waiting for me to pick it up. Maybe in a few days...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment