Monday, February 15, 2016

Guilty as Cinnamon, by Leslie Budewitz

Guilty as Cinnamon (A Spice Shop Mystery #2)Guilty as Cinnamon by Leslie Budewitz

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I thoroughly enjoyed book one in the series, but book 2 surpassed it, which is always a good thing!

I still love the Seattle setting and the Market. It makes me want to go back to Seattle and spend more time in the Market area, poking around (sadly, after my last visit and fighting with the awful Seattle traffic I swore I'd not go there again, because it would drive me completely around the bend, haha).

The story starts off a bit slowly, and I admit I put it down for a few days in favor of a few audio books so I could knit (I tried knitting and reading once, it didn't work out very well, resulted in multiple dropped stitches and a very frustrated knitter!). But when I picked it back up, it picked right up too, and I read it straight through.

By the way, I love Indian food, so this book made me hungry a lot. Conveniently my husband shares my love of spicy food and took me for a lovely Indian dinner on Valentine's Day (our 25th wedding anniversary this year). This book also made me wish Pepper's shop was real, or that we at least had something similar locally. We have a spice shop in the next town, but I wasn't impressed with either the freshness or the staff.

I can't wait for the nice Spice Shop installment!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment