Monday, February 1, 2016

Staked, by Kevin Hearne

Staked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #8)Staked by Kevin Hearne

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


The time between novels is usually enough to blur details of the story anyway. This one was an especially long wait because Hearne decided to say to heck with his loyal fans and write something else instead. Then you add the money grab created by putting the first several chapters of this book into an ebook only anthology for $5.99 and it is BS.

The 3 separate points of view that I hated from the previous book are still here and as annoying as hell. Granuaile is an annoying whingy bitch and all together too preachy in this book, instead of the kick ass and take no names person she was before. And Owen is an arse that should have been left on the weird island in time.

I got 1/4 of the way in before I decided I just couldn't do it anymore. I skipped to the end where I discovered that even Oberon and the promise of puppies is not enough to make me read the last book in the series. Good-bye, Atticus. I loved you, once.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment