Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hearse and Buggy, by Laura Bradford

Hearse and Buggy (An Amish Mystery, #1)Hearse and Buggy by Laura Bradford

My rating: 1 of 5 stars, I didn't like it.

It's categorized as a mystery, but for me the only real mystery was how the main character was so quickly accepted by the Amish, especially after they'd already been burned by the previous shop owner. I'm sorry, but that just doesn't feel authentic to me.

And the mystery? The victim wasn't even dead yet and I knew who was going to off him and why. Characters were one dimensional and boring, and the Amish were very stereotyped. I ended up skimming through the book, past long bits filled with many gasps, googly eyes between star crossed teens, and of course, the crappy, trite love triangle trope. In fact, due to the use of TWO love triangles, I honestly would give this -1 star if I could!

Seriously, if you'e looking for an Amish cozy, go with Isabella Alan's Amish Quilt Shop series. I liked it a lot more.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment