Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Nine Lives, by Wendy Corsi Staub

Nine LivesNine Lives by Wendy Corsi Staub

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I liked the setting, I liked the "oddball" characters. I didn't like the present tense. It bugged the crap out of me. I finished the book, and even enjoyed most of it, but I just couldn't get past the present tense. That was just a deal breaker for me. There's a reason most authors don't use it, it's hard to pull off. Frankly, it didn't work here, either.

It was distracting and didn't feel natural, didn't flow well. As a result, it took me days to finish what should have been a quick read. Instead, I read a little, got annoyed with the writing, and then put it down to read something else or go do something else.

As a result, this book only got an "Ok" rating from me, because I barely made it through and I won't be checking out any more books in this series, or even from this author.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment