Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Haunted Bridges, by Rich Newman

Haunted Bridges: Over 300 of America's Creepiest CrossingsHaunted Bridges: Over 300 of America's Creepiest Crossings by Rich Newman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I love ghost stories, and this book didn't disappoint, in that it was filled with them. I kind of wish the author had presented fewer stories, in more detail.

I liked the layout, with each type of haunting receiving its own chapter, ie. hangings/lynchings, suicide bridges, crime scenes, etc. But there's only a short snippet about each bridge and the location. The book actually seems more like a haunted tour guide, encouraging the reader to go see the sites for themselves. The layout made it easy for me to put it down for a while and then come back to it when I had a little bit of time to read.

It was interesting enough, and I enjoyed the book, but don't go into it expecting a series of blood-chilling tales, it's more a factual reciting than a series of spooky stories.

*I received an ARC of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley, in return for an honest review*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment