Friday, September 23, 2016

Apprentice in Death, by J.D. Robb

Apprentice in Death (In Death, #43)Apprentice in Death by J.D. Robb
My rating: 5 of 5 stars, I freakin' loved it!

The 5 star rating is based on the fact that this got me distracted through some heavy pain from surgery in the morning, and allowed the pain pills to kick in! If it's good enough to make me forget about pain, it's good enough to rate the 5th star, haha. Seriously, the only time I put this down was during surgery. It was just that good.

This time around, Dallas and crew are up against a long distance serial killer (LDSK) who strikes seemingly random targets.

Dallas and the friends get things done, even with threats of baby birthday parties and new home office designs. And as the LDSK hits close to home, the team buckles down to track down their suspect.

I'm always amazed that Nora Roberts/JD Robb can go 40-odd books in a series and still be an into the characters as she was at the start. So many authors of long running series lose interest, or worse start writing for themselves and change their characters some the dedicated fan doesn't even recognize them anymore. But Eve Dallas is still Eve, a little softer maybe, but still kicking ass and I adore her.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment