Monday, September 26, 2016

Unlucky Charms, by Linda O. Johnston

Unlucky CharmsUnlucky Charms by Linda O Johnston
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book 3 in the series and much better than the previous two. To be completely up front though, I have to say I would never have read it had I not received a review copy from the publisher, via NetGalley.

The mystery was a bit slow to develop, but at least the characters didn't prattle on forever about superstitions this time. They were there, just not as overwhelming as the last books. Rory still tends to be repetitive at times, and certainly has her "too stupid to live moments," but it truly was a better story this time around and I am glad I read it.

One thing I still find annoying is the mayor's pronouncement that anyone who speaks of anything bad happening in the town will have bad luck. It's a small town, gossip happens, and as long as the merchants know not to talk about stuff like that in front of the tourists, who cares what they talk about? And it's not like you can force bad luck on someone, so it just comes off as silly.

I think after this book, I just might be willing to give the next book a try, since the superstitious fun is there, without being so over the top, and I do like the characters.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment