Monday, October 3, 2016

Killing Thyme, by Leslie Budewitz

Pike Place Public Market
Killing Thyme (A Spice Shop Mystery #3)Killing Thyme by Leslie Budewitz

My rating: 5 of 5 stars, the best yet!

Book 3 in the series.

This is truly one of my favorite cozy series! I love visiting Pepper in Seattle and the Pike Place Market, which is one of the most amazing places I have ever been. And I don't have to deal with Seattle traffic to get there!

In Killing Thyme, always busy Pepper has even more on her plate, with a visit from her mother and a blast from the past that ends in murder. Pepper vows to stay out of it, but with her mother connected to the victim and secrets from Pepper's childhood coming to light, she feels she has to find justice for the dead woman.

I read this book in one sitting, because I did not want to put it down. One thing happens after another, keeping things moving at a satisfying pace. The mystery within the mystery was intriguing, and I loved the resolution of everything. The characters are strong and well developed, and most importantly, likeable!

As always, the recipes in the book sound delicious. I really want to make the Herbed Black Bean Pasta Salad, which sounds both yummy and EASY, haha.

*I received an advance copy of this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment