Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Premeditated Peppermint, by Amanda Flower

Premeditated Peppermint (Amish Candy Shop Mystery #3)Premeditated Peppermint by Amanda Flower
My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 3 in the series.

"Peppermint is much more than a Christmastime treat. It has a thousand uses. It has been used to freshen breath, flavor beverages, calm nerves and even grow hair. But as far as I could tell, it did not have the power to repel ex-boyfriends."

The very first paragraph made me laugh out loud, and pulled me right in to the story. It was well written, the setting interesting and I did enjoy it. But....

While I like Amanda Flower's writing, this isn't my favorite series. I'm having a hard time connecting with the characters. I'm not sure why, exactly. I just know that I found myself setting this one down a few times and reading something else. I much prefer her Magical Bookshop series, and her Amish Quilt Shop series, written as Isabella Alan.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment