Monday, October 8, 2018

The Trail of Terror, by Richard Estep

Trail of Terror: The Black Monk of Pontefract, Cripple Creek Jail, Firehouse Phantom, and Other True HauntingsTrail of Terror: The Black Monk of Pontefract, Cripple Creek Jail, Firehouse Phantom, and Other True Hauntings by Richard Estep

My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it.

I'm fascinated with ghosts and things that go bump in the night. I know myself well enough to know that ghost hunting isn't for me, (The closest I've come is multiple visits to the Stanley Hotel, but never actually looking for ghosts.). Knowing that, I live a little vicariously through books and tv shows on the subject instead.

Richard Estep has a gift for story telling that almost makes the reader feel like they are on the investigation with him and his team, which frankly, is rare these days. Most recent books on the subject are either poorly written or dry as dust.

In this book, Estep tackles multiple locations in the U.S. and Great Britain. He doesn't skimp on details, each location gets its own chapter. I love the fact that he details his team's investigation in each spot, including the fact that a lot of the time, nothing happens. Each location was interesting, and I always love getting a bit of the history along with the ghost hunt.

I am looking forward to Richard's next book, whatever it may be.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment