Monday, April 6, 2020

A Bad Day for Sunshine, by Darynda Jones

A Bad Day for Sunshine (Sunshine Vicram, #1)A Bad Day for Sunshine by Darynda Jones

My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it.

Book 1 in a new series.

I originally really liked Darynda Jones' previous series (it started to go a bit too off the rails for me after several books, but that's another blog post), so when I saw she had a new series coming out I decided to request it.

I'm glad I did. I liked Sunshine immediately. Her relationship with her daughter is fun, but still mostly realistic and they're both sharp, capable females. In fact, this book has numerous independent, tough, funny, sexy, smart females and I loved that.

The plot kept me entertained and laughing out loud, while waiting to see what would happen next. I can't wait for the next book (And I really want Sunny to take that *itch of a blackmailing mayor down! You know it's coming, she threatened Sunny's daughter!).

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided to me by the publisher, via NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment