Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Candy Slain Murder, by Maddie Day

Candy Slain Murder (A Country Store Mystery Book 8)

Candy Slain Murder by Maddie Day 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 8 in the series.

It's Christmas time in South Lick.

I really like this series. For one thing, Robbie actually spends time at her business, not just snooping around. And Robbie is likeable, and a down to earth person who genuinely cares for her friends.

This book had an old murder, a new murder and a mysterious stranger too. All in all, it had an interesting plot, and I was really hoping that the stranger turned out to have honest motives, so I wasn't disappointed.

My one complaint is the amount of local slang used. Do people in Indiana really talk like this all the time? I grew up in the Midwest and we might have had some local slang, but for the most part just talked like normal. This quirky addition kind of makes all the local folks feel a bit too "local yokel" and I find it distracts from the story.

All in all, I liked it and I look forward to seeing Robbie and South Lick again soon.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via, NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment