Saturday, April 24, 2021

Southern Sass and a Battered Bride, Kate Young

Southern Sass and a Battered Bride (Marygene Brown Mystery, #3)

Southern Sass and a Battered Bride by Kate Young

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book 3 in the series.

Not a great place to start. While the author does attempt to fill in some background, there's just too much going on that I feel like I missed.

The characters are mostly fun, though the MC's best friend, Betsy, is so over the top Southern that I really would like to smack her. She's really just too much.

All in all, the book was okay, but it certainly didn't make me want to double back and read the previous two.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment