Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Deadly Ever After, by Eva Gates

Deadly Ever After (Lighthouse Library Mystery, #8)Deadly Ever After by Eva Gates

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 8 in the series.

Honestly, I keep saying I am done with this series, because I haven't really liked one and the character of Louise Jane distracts and annoys me. There's just something about the series that keeps dragging me back. That said, I actually enjoyed this one.

The whodunnit was a bit obvious, and LJ is still a pill who just got massively rewarded for her bad behavior, so that was annoying, but it was nice to see Lucy and Connor happy.

However, I kind of wonder if this is the end for the series, since Lucy will be moving out of the lighthouse. And what happens to Charles the Cat? Lucy isn't leaving him to LJ, I hope. He's honestly my favorite character. If there are more in the series, Lucy needs to take Charles with her and cart him back and forth to the library each day.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment