Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Round Up the Usual Peacocks, by Donna Andrews

Round Up the Usual Peacocks (Meg Langslow, #31)

Round Up the Usual Peacocks by Donna Andrews 

My rating: 5 of 5 stars, I really enjoyed it.

Book 31 in the series! (I listened to the audio version)

This is probably one of my favorite cozy series. Ms. Andrews is always good for an engaging, humorous story, and this one was no different. This book is a nod back to where we all started in book 1, with Meg rounding up peacocks for a wedding. While only a brief portion of the book, the peacock scenes had me giggling out loud.

There was a lot going on in this book, and it was fast paced and entertaining, with much of the usual crew and some nice new characters thrown in as well. It's honestly been so much fun watching all of the usual cast grow and evolve. This book can probably be read as a stand alone, but the large cast of characters may confuse at first, and really, go read them all, they're so worth it!

Note: I rarely listen to audio books, most of the time I have voices for characters in my head, and don't care for the narrator's version. But I've quite enjoyed Bernadette Dunne in several books in this series, so when I saw the audio book was available on NetGalley I jumped at it. I'm glad I did, and I'm actually looking at getting more audio books, because it makes the time on my treadmill go awfully fast, haha.

Now I am off to read #32, this year's holiday book. Please keep them coming, Ms. Andrews!

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment