Friday, February 27, 2009

44 and 45

  1. Brimstone Kiss / Carole Nelson Douglas
    This is the second in a new series for Ms. Nelson. She's better known for her Midnight Louie mysteries (of which I am not a huge fan, I prefer her Irene Adler mysteries, but anyhoo...). This series features Delilah Street, a paranormal investigator in Vegas where vamps, weres and other things that go bump in the night are common.

    This has been an odd read for me. Normally when I like a book I don't want to put it down, but this one I've read in fits and starts. And I do like the book. Maybe it's that the pace of the story itself is slow, so I am taking it slow to read it? I don't know, maybe it's that I just kept getting tempted away by other reads!


  2. Casting Spells / Barbara Bretton
    I highly enjoyed this book, starting it yesterday and reading well into the night to finish it, lol. I truly hope we see more of this town. it's was a good, light, romantic mystery. And for all you knitters out there, the main character owns a wool shop, the kind we all wish truly existed, where the wool never tangles and stitches are never dropped ;) There really isn't a huge amount of knitting going on though, so non-knitters should be fine (although Barbara Bretton really does knit along with several other authors. See the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment