Sunday, February 1, 2009

52 books in a year?

You betcha! I'm a voracious reader. I will read anything from Sci-Fi to Mysteries and Romance to True Crime and other non-fiction. Last year I was on an Old West kick, especially women of the west.

Because of my unquenchable appetite for books, I have to get the majority of them from the library. Luckily we have an amazing library system in this state that allows me to borrow books from just about anywhere that has what I am looking for. This list below is actually only the books I've borrowed from my local library this year (in fact this list comes straight from them, poor capitalization and all, lol), not the ones I've gotten through our Prospector program. Scary that! Add in all the Prospectors and I'm guessing I am well over 52 books for the year already!

Edited to add notes about each book. I've decided to break this into two posts, otherwise it's verrry long, lol.


  1. This can't be love / Kasey Michaels.
    Light, fluffy and fun.

  2. Divorced, desperate and delicious / by Christie Craig.
    Again, a light romantic read, but I really enjoyed it.

  3. Gone to the dogs / Emily Carmichael.
    One of an ok series that sucks you in to reading most of them lol.

  4. Devil bones / Kathy Reichs.
    It took some getting used to this version of Bones, but I'm really liking this version now even though I lost interest in the TV series years ago.

  5. High heels and holidays / Kasey Michaels.
    Mystery series by Michaels. An ok read as long as you are looking for a light mystery.

  6. Candy apple red / Nancy Bush.
    An ok read. I've got the second of the series on my nightstand, I'll reserve final judgement on the series until I read it.

  7. Finding Mr. Right / Emily Carmichael.

  8. Diamond in the ruff / Emily Carmichael.

  9. The cat's meow / Emily Carmichael.

  10. The iron hunt / Marjorie M. Liu.
    Disliked this book, lol.

  11. Cat sitter on a hot tin roof / Blaize Clement.
    Another mystery series. This one had more depth to it than previous books which I am liking. Keep it up Ms. Blaize!



Favorite authors include Nora Roberts (and her alter ego J.D. Robb), Charlaine Harris, Mary Janice Davidson, Terry Pratchett, Jim Butcher and a bunch more. I tend to favor series of books, as I like meeting old friends again and again. *Grin*

You can see what I am waiting to read by looking at my Amazon Wish List, it tends to be a reminder list for me to request them from my library, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment