Friday, February 13, 2009

I know

I posted this one before, but I've actually finished
  1. Men of the Otherworld.
    I really liked it, because it answered questions I didn't even know I had, lol. It's a collection of shorter stories and very much a prequel to Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. I find myself wanting to go back and reread the series, specifically Bitten and Stolen.

    I'm thinking that now that I have more of the back story they will appeal to me more. See, I didn't actually like Elena and Clay all that much. I enjoyed the series much more from book 3 on, when other characters took the lead roles and Clay and Elena were there as background figures.

    So Bitten and Stolen go back onto my reading list.


  2. And on I go to the next book:
  3. Devil May Ride / Wendy Roberts.
    This was book 2 in the Ghost Dusters series about a crime scene cleaner who also happens to be able to see and hear the dead. It was quite a bit darker than the first book. And early on in the book I thought I had it all figured out. Which pissed me off actually, and I nearly put the book down because of it. Turns out I was way off base and I'm sure Roberts meant for that to happen.

    But in my not so humble opinion, she hooked us on that line way too quickly, 'cause I would bet I'm not the only reader who put the book down in disgust over the seemingly easy solution. The question is, how many people picked it back up and finished anyway?

    Anyhoo. Once I got over my fit of pique and just decided to let the author tell the story her way I was drawn back into the storyline, especially the second part of the plot.

    I did enjoy the story, though it never fails to make me shake my head a bit when seemingly unrelated things so very conveniently become intertwined.

    I know, I sound rather oblique, but I really am trying not to give anything away! My biggest complaint is that book 3 won't be out until December, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment