Sunday, September 1, 2013

*Sigh*

Honestly, I think it must be my attention span right now. I'm reading Carniepunk at the moment, and of course I started with the Kevin Hearne Iron Druid short story. And guess what? I cruised right through it and enjoyed it. I'm going through a bit of a stressful time right now, and instead of being able to escape in to a book, I can't seem to turn off my thoughts for any length at all. So maybe Carniepunk is a good book for me to be reading right now, since it's all shorts.

And I do love compilations, they introduce me to new authors that may become favorites. Like Sword and Sorceress intro'd me to Mercedes Lackey, I still love Tarma and Kethry. And I first read a Michelle Sagara Cast In story in a book of novellas that I got for the Mercedes Lackey story and so on. I always pick up books like this with the hope that someone new will grab my attention and make me search out other works by that author. Seanan McGuire came to me through a Toby short story in Home Improvement, Undead Edition, as a result wanting to read shorts by several favorite authors in it.

Then again, sometimes I end up disappointed, because I love a short so much only to find out that it's a one off and the stuff the author normally writes is completely different, or the author doesn't have anything else published.

No comments:

Post a Comment