Friday, April 15, 2016

A Familiar Tale, by Delia James

A Familiar Tail (Witch's Cat Mystery, #1)A Familiar Tail by Delia James

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I highly enjoyed this book, once I managed to settle down enough to actually read it. I had a pretty bad case of book ADD this last week, caused by too many good books to chose from, an inability to sit still for long and itchy, watery eyes and sneezing fits making it difficult to see.

When the cold pills and allergy pills both finally began to get things under control, I finally managed to snuggle in to bed with this book for a sick day read-a-thon. And I proceeded to read it cover to cover in that one sitting.

I love Alastair and Annabelle, and all of their witchy friends. The one downside is that the author seems to be easing toward the dreaded love triangle trope, between Young Sean, who is definitely interested, and Frank, who is wrapped up in his newspaper. I hope that the triangle never develops, but it seems to be hinted at in this book.

I will be looking forward to book 2, By Familiar Means, in September.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment