Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Murder at Lambswool Farm, by Sally Goldenbaum

Murder at Lambswool Farm (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #11)Murder at Lambswool Farm by Sally Goldenbaum
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book 11 in the series.

Another fun outing with the knitters of Sea Harbor. Birdie has restored her beloved husband's family farm and is offering harvest dinners catered by local chefs. As a test of sorts, Birdie invites all her friends, family and a stray stranger to participate in the first meal. During the meal a friend and neighbor gets ill and is rushed off to hospital, where he dies.

The whole stranger aspect was transparent. I knew what Glenn was hiding from the very beginning, but I also knew he couldn't have been the murderer ('cause too obvious and how would he have access to the good doctor's food on a regular basis?).

The rest of the story kept me guessing and even though I did figure it out before the end, it was an enjoyable, light and fast read. I enjoy the main characters and their stories and will continue to drop by Sea Harbor whenever I get the opportunity.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment