Friday, July 22, 2016

Kernel of Truth, by Kristi Abbott

Kernel of Truth (Popcorn Shop Mystery #1)Kernel of Truth by Kristi Abbott

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.


First in a series.

I was skeptical about this book. The cozy market is flooded with books about any tiny niche you can think of, and a popcorn shop was never on my radar. And I confess, I don't like popcorn. But this book surprised me.

The Whodunnit was a bit predictable, I had that part figured out from nearly the beginning, but I didn't completely know the why, so it was still a fun read. I love Sprocket and his human, Rebecca, isn't bad either, though she did come off as a bit immature. But I will say that if we never see Rebecca's ex again, that will be fine with me.

I will definitely be waiting for the next book in the series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment