Friday, July 22, 2016

Reining in Murder, by Leigh Hearon

Reining in Murder (A Carson Stables Mystery #1)Reining in Murder by Leigh Hearon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.


First in a series.

Horse trainer and rescuer, Annie Carson gets called to a fatal traffic accident to take care of a horse that survived. A horse that ends up being the only witness to a murder.

I love the animal aspect, Annie obviously really cares about them. My one complaint is that like a lot of animal activists, she tends to treat animals better than she treats the people around her. For a 43 year old woman, Annie comes off a bit immature (her reaction to the murder victim's husband was a little bit high school, haha) and a little thin-skinned.

The mystery part was interesting enough, and Annie's attitude improved toward the end of the book, though she was still a bit... smug, I guess is the best word.

Hopefully in book 2 the author will round out the characters a bit, smooth off some of the rough edges, make Annie a little bit more likable. Luckily, I won't have that long a wait, since book 2 comes out in October.
  Saddle Up For Murder (A Carson Stables Mystery #2) by Leigh Hearon




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment