Thursday, August 18, 2016

Silk Stalkings, by Diane Vallere

Silk Stalkings (A Material Witness Mystery #3)Silk Stalkings by Diane Vallere
My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it.

Ms. Vallere comes close to designing the perfect murder.

Polyester Monroe is certainly busy these days, between helping transform Genevieve's tea shop into a Paris nightclub for the town's Midnight in Paris party to helping the young ladies competing in the local Miss Tangorli pageant design their own dresses. Oh, and finding the dead body of the pageant's founder makes her even busier!

I really like Poly, she's a take charge kind of gal, who cares about her friends and even complete strangers. It's that caring about her best friend, Charlie, that has her sticking her nose in to this murder, as it seems to be connected to Charlie's past.

The books in this series just keep getting better. This one had a nice, solid plot and interesting action that kept me reading long after I should have gone to bed. It had twists enough that it took me almost as long as Poly to figure out who the killer was, haha.

I do have one small complaint, and that is that Charlie's "poor me" attitude is starting to get old. Hopefully, some of that is lessened with the ending of this book.

*I received this book from the author in exchange for a fair and honest review.*

ETA:  As of 9-30-16, it looks like this will be the last book in the series :( 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment