Saturday, October 8, 2016

Cast in Flight, by Michelle Sagara

Cast in Flight (Chronicles of Elantra, #12)Cast in Flight by Michelle Sagara
My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it.

Book 12 in the series.

I LOVE this series. I read this book in one go, I didn't want to put it down. The only negative is now I have to wait another year for the next book!

In this book we finally get some progress, in both Kaylin and plot. We get the promised dinner with the Emperor, and I loved it. Kaylin is growing as a character, but she still has relatively few filters and doesn't think before she speaks, which is often amusing for the reader, if not for her.

This book focused on the Aerians and Kaylin is forced to actually see them as the not perfect individuals that they are, rather than the perfect beings she's pretty much placed on a pedestal until now. I love seeing Kaylin's fierce loyalty to her friends/family.

I have to admit though, that I'd like to see an end to the Nightshade and his brother's squabbling, it's not going anywhere and it's just annoying. Frankly, I would be okay if Nightshade didn't appear for a few books.

*I received an ARC of this book from the publisher, via NetGalley in return for a fair and honest review.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment