Friday, November 25, 2016

Something Foul at Sweetwater, by Sandra Bretting

Something Foul at Sweetwater (Missy DuBois, #2)Something Foul at Sweetwater by Sandra Bretting

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.


Book 2 in the series.

Loaded with Southern Charm. I love Missy, she is what I think of when I think of a Southern woman, a true Steel Magnolia, strong and independent, yet feminine as all get out. Sometimes however, her brain takes a back seat and she rashly rushes in to things that maybe she shouldn't, but what cozy protagonist doesn't?

I enjoyed every bit of this book, although every once in a while the stereotypical southern phrases made me cringe, instead of laugh (Butter my butt and call me a biscuit! Dag-gum-it! Urgh.), but they were scattered a through out the book, so it wasn't quite as noticeable as in Murder at Morningside.

And I absolutely love the name of book 3, Someone's Mad at the Hatter, haha, so I can't wait until it comes out!

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment