Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Dead and Breakfast, by Kate Kingsbury

Dead and Breakfast (Merry Ghost Inn #1)Dead and Breakfast by Kate Kingsbury
My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it's an okay book.

This is the first in a new series. And, well, it feels like it. The characters are a bit one-dimensional. This book is also quite formulaic; The hot law enforcement guy (they're always either hot or grumpy with an axe to grind, haha), the animal and of course the haunted B&B. It all left me feeling a bit let down, and as a result it took me longer to read than it really should have, just because I kept putting it down to go do something else.

That said, I do like the premise of the series and hopefully things will get fleshed out a bit more in the next book. But please, Ms. Kingsbury, if you're going to stick to a formula, please DO NOT throw in a competing male. I'm absolutely sick of that trope.

All in all, an okay start to a series with a fun premise, in need of some fleshing out.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment