Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Fudge and Jury, by Ellie Alexander

Fudge and Jury (A Bakeshop Mystery, #5)Fudge and Jury by Ellie Alexander

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 5 in the series.

I love the setting for this series, a small Oregon town with a fondness for Shakespeare (and of course the main character is Juliet!).

The mystery and characters are all strong, and I love the Torte crew. My only complaint about the series is Juliet's on again/off again husband, Cruise Ship Casanova Carlos. I'd really like to see that relationship wrapped up, one way or the other. When they are off again, he's just a distraction. Jules seems to have decided that Ashland is where she belongs, so why is C.S.C. Carlos even still an issue? Of course, the end of the book certainly gives a reason for him still being in the picture and I am not sure I like it, but that's all I will say about that so as to not give anything away.

Overall, this was a quick, enjoyable read with fun characters and an interesting plot, and oh yeah! Chocolate! ;)

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book via NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment