Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Elementary, She Read, by Vicki Delaney

Elementary, She Read (A Sherlock Holmes Bookshop Mystery #1)Elementary, She Read by Vicki Delany

My rating: 1 of 5 stars, I really didn't much care for it

First in the series.

This book just wasn't what I wanted it to be. I've enjoyed Ms. Delaney's other books and I loved the idea of a Sherlock bookstore, but I disliked the reality. Mostly, because I didn't really care for Gemma. There were a lot of little nit-picky things that all added up to make me dislike her. She was snooty and came off as condescending several times. I get that she's supposed be kind of a female version of Sherlock, but it's just too much. On and on she goes and then, "I only wanted to point out the obvious facts." Which of course I imagined being said in a really snarky voice. Plus she's one of those people that never orders their own food, just says, "I'll have some of yours." UGH.

Add in the extremely unpleasant police officer and I finally just ended up skimming through the story.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment