Friday, March 3, 2017

When the Grits Hit the Fan, by Maddie Day

When the Grits Hit the Fan (Country Store Mysteries, #3)When the Grits Hit the Fan by Maddie Day

My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it!

Book 3 in the series.

My favorite so far. Can be read as a stand alone, but I highly recommend reading the entire series, though, because they're all good!

Robbie has made her place in South Lick, and even with the winter slow down, she's doing well and staying busy, even if it's just remodeling the area above her store. The saying is, "If these walls could talk, they would tell you the story," and as she tears walls down, Robbie is uncovering long hidden secrets.

One thing I love about this series is that Robbie doesn't spend the whole book running off and leaving her business for someone else to run while she solves the mystery. It honestly makes the whole thing more believable. Many small businesses, especially restaurants, just can't afford to have too many employees.

This book did have a bit of a darker end to it than most cozies, but I think it was a fitting end. I look forward to more from Robbie and South Lick.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment