Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A Toast to Murder, by Allyson K. Abbot

A Toast to Murder (Mack's Bar Mystery #5)A Toast to Murder by Allyson K. Abbott

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Book 5 in the series.

This book is an improvement over books 3 and 4. The plot is interesting and the characters are well developed but I still greatly dislike the mystery-within-a-mystery nonsense that was happening. I think weaving that plot-line through multiple books was kind of a cheap way of getting the reader to hang in there and keep reading. Between that and the love triangle, I very nearly didn't read this book. For the devoted reader, we do finally get an end to that mystery, and sort of an end to the love triangle, though at the end the other guy doesn't know Mac's made her choice.

So while I like Mac and her motley crew of mystery solvers, as well as Mac's special ability, I just don't think I will bother with reading any more books in this series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment