Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Quiche and the Dead, by Kirsten Weiss

The Quiche and the Dead (Pie Town Mystery #1)The Quiche and the Dead by Kirsten Weiss

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book one in the series.

I really wanted to like it, because PIE! And it was ok, but honestly, I think I may have finally found a cozy that's too cozy. Charlene and her weird narcoleptic cat were a little too zany for me, Heidi is just annoying and Val was kind of overwhelmed by everyone else.

It started off quick, then kind of dragged in the middle while Val and Charlene did their Keystone Cops routine, bouncing from one crazy thing to another.

I'm hoping this is just the usual, "first in the series" hiccoughs and that book 2 will even out a bit.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment