Friday, January 26, 2018

Survival of the Fritters, by Ginger Bolton

Survival of the Fritters (Deputy Donut Mystery #1)Survival of the Fritters by Ginger Bolton

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book 1 in the series.

An okay start to a new series. It was fun, and has a decent premise.

But... Main character Emily is a former 911 operator, the widow of a police detective and the daughter in law of a former police chief. Which would make you think that she's got some idea of how criminal investigations work. So it made it really hard for me to believe she would muck up a crime scene as badly as she did in this book! As a result, I found it kind of tough to suspend my disbelief as I read.

I liked the book enough that I'd read book two, if I could get it from my library. I think first in series tend to be the weakest, with characters just being introduced and relationships being explored. So I give this an "okay" rating, and I'll wait and see if book 2 improves.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment