Thursday, April 19, 2018

Bleeding Tarts, by Kirsten Weiss

Bleeding Tarts (Pie Town Mystery #2)Bleeding Tarts by Kirsten Weiss
My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book 2 in the series

Cozy mysteries tend to have a cast of "kooky" characters, but this one is just too zany for me. There's Charlene, with her narcoleptic cat and out there beliefs; Heidi from the gym right next door and her "Sugar Kills," agenda, and a whole other cast of townspeople.

Val could quite possibly the worst business person ever. Brand new PIE restaurant, but no idea how to make a pie crust. Too many employees and not enough money coming in to pay them Nearly 60% of restaurants fail in the first year, most owners spend most of their time in their restaurant that year, so as to cut payroll costs. Honestly, I can give a cozy some leeway, but this just stretches things too far.

It was all just too over the top for me and I found myself putting my Kindle aside to do other things. This is the last visit to Pietown for me.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment