Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Better Off Read, by Nora Page

Better Off Read (Bookmobile Mystery #1)Better Off Read by Nora Page
My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book one in a new series.

I know I should judge the book on its own merit, but I can't help but to compare it to another Bookmobile Mystery by another author that I love.

I didn't really care for the protagonist or really any of the characters in this book. That's mostly on me though, because I prefer my main characters to be closer to my age, it makes them more relatable for me.

The book was also a bit slow to get moving. It finally picked up a bit in the middle. The ending surprised me. I wanted it to be the mayor, because no nice person wants to do away with a library, haha.

All in all, probably not a series I will continue to read, again, purely because of my own character preferences.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment