Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Too Many Crooks Spoil the Plot, by Sarah Osborne

Too Many Crooks Spoil the Plot (A Ditie Brown Mystery #1)Too Many Crooks Spoil the Plot by Sarah Osborne

My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it.

Book 1 in a new series.

This book was a great start to the series. Ditie is a genuine, loving character, and the kids were a sweet addition that made me actually cry a few times.

Unlike most cozies, where you don't get too into the emotional effects of a murder on the family, this book was a bit emotionally heavy at times, with the young kids mourning their mother and afraid of what was happening to them. It was well written though, and wasn't too solemn, there were the usual lighthearted moments, as well.

I really liked that about this book, it felt quite realistic and I look forward to seeing more of Ditie, Lucie and Jason.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book provided by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment