Monday, July 30, 2018

Death Over Easy, by Maddie Day

Death Over Easy (Country Store Mysteries #5)Death Over Easy by Maddie Day
My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I did like it, eventually.

Book 5 in the series.

I have enjoyed this series so much that when I saw this available on NetGalley I jumped at the chance to read it. But it definitely was not my favorite book in the series. I'm not sure why, but I just had a hard time getting into this book in the beginning.

I love Robbie and her Country Store, but maybe there was too much going on? Robbie's B and B finally open, a bluegrass festival, Robbie's dad and step mom visiting, plus running the store, so many characters, and I kind of felt tired just reading, haha.

And I really found it just way too coincidental that Robbie's dad just happened to know the victim when she lived in Italy and both of them just happen to end up in the small Indiana town.

I finally settled in to the story about halfway and enjoyed the rest of the book, and I will absolutely continue to look forward to more of the series.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment