Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Séances are for Suckers, by Tamara Berry

Séances are for Suckers (Eleanor Wilde Mystery #1)Séances are for Suckers by Tamara Berry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars, I really liked it!

First in the series.

I thought this was a fun new twist on the usual paranormal cozy mystery. The main character, Eleanor, is not a physic at all, but pretends to be one to make a living and support her sister. Despite the fact that at heart, Ellie is a con artist, she's still incredibly likable and funny. And she does play "ghostbuster", getting rid of the rats in the attic or making sure that the plumbing is fixed.

Ellie is smart and observant, and the mystery unusual enough to keep me up late reading until the very end. And this time, Ellie's client knows she's fake and just wants her to get rid of the ghost that he's sure is fake as well, but that the rest of the family is positive exists.

I had several laugh out loud moments while reading, and I look forward to more of Madame Eleanor Wilde.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided to me by the publisher via NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment