Sunday, November 25, 2018

A Crafter Knits a Clue, by Holly Quinn

A Crafter Knits a Clue (A Handcrafted Mystery #1)A Crafter Knits a Clue by Holly Quinn
My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

First in the series.

I found myself torn with this book. I wanted to like it, because it's a crafting book, and the local crafters that were introduced in the book were interesting, but the author may have told us a little too much about at least two of them! That was one of the few times I actually agreed with Sammy, haha.

What I liked: 1. The shop itself. I'd like to know more about the handcrafts the shop sells. 2. The town setting. The people we meet are fun and I loved that they all came together to support others on multiple occasions. 3. The plot. It was decent enough, but over shadowed by the things I didn't like.

Unfortunately, my list of things I didn't like was hard for me to get past: 1. Sammy. She's not a crafter, so I thought that was a little disappointing, when you take in the title of the book and the name of the store. And she really came off as very young and immature, both in her attitude and her relationships. 2. S.H.E. It just rubbed me the wrong way. It was a childhood game, and the grown ladies are still acting like they're kids hunting down a lost pet or something (And honestly, the name just annoyed me. It's like the State Farm commercial with the she shed. It grated on my nerves). 3. The tentative relationship between Sammy and the detective. It felt a bit forced. 4. The pacing. It dragged a bit in places, and as a result I found myself putting it down for a while.

I may try book 2 in the series, but it's definitely a library read, not a must buy.

*I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book given to me by the author.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment