Monday, November 26, 2018

Slay in Character, by Lynn Cahoon

Slay in Character (Cat Latimer Mystery, #4)Slay in Character by Lynn Cahoon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 4 in the series.

It's good to be back at a writer's retreat with Cat and her friends, but this wasn't my favorite of the series.

The setting for the murder is an old West town, set up as a tourist attraction. And this time, it's not just Cat involved in the mystery, but her guests that seem to get a kick out of putting themselves in danger. I think that's why I didn't like this one as much. It's bad enough when the main character has too stupid to live moments, but then you throw in a gaggle of women who seem to think the whole thing is a game, and I just kind of got annoyed.

My favorite part of the whole book was the end, when Seth's surprise project was finally revealed. That bumped it from two stars to three for me right there.

As always though, I am looking forward to more book retreats!

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment