Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Coloring Crook, by Krista Davis

The Coloring Crook (Pen & Ink Mysteries, #2)The Coloring Crook by Krista Davis

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book 2 in the series.

I loved Krista Davis' Wagtail series, and I wanted to love this series too, but I am struggling with it.

This book is another in a string of cozy mysteries that has way too much going on/way too many characters. I kept mixing characters up in my head and having to go back and re-read bits. The multiple mysteries fell a bit flat for me as well. There were too many distractions for me to really get in to the story.

I do like Florrie, and the bookstore, though. I will read the next book, and hope that Ms. Davis scales things back a bit and returns to her tight, fun, writing.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment