Saturday, January 26, 2019

Death by Committee, by Alexis Morgan

Death by Committee (Abbey McCree Mystery #1)Death by Committee by Alexis Morgan

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 1 in the series.

I like the main character, Abbey, she's resilient, smart and empathetic. And I adore Zeke, the mastiff she inherits along with a house. Not sure how I feel about her love interest, Tripp. He comes off as a bit bossy, which annoyed me. And something I am seeing lately, the mystery takes a back seat to their budding romance and all the other things/people in the story. That said, I try to give first books a bit of a break, since the author is trying to introduce us to everyone. This was enjoyable enough, and a nice, light, quick read.

I look forward to more of Abbey and Zeke in book 2.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given to me by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment