Thursday, January 24, 2019

Coffeehouse Knits, by Kerry Bogert

Coffeehouse Knits: Knitting Patterns and Essays with Robust FlavorCoffeehouse Knits: Knitting Patterns and Essays with Robust Flavor by Kerry Bogert

My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars, simply because most of the patterns aren't what I like to knit.

This book has lots of lovely sweater, cowl, and scarf patterns. I was a little disappointed though, because the intro claimed that these were patterns to sip and knit at your local coffeehouse, with or without a knit group. For me, that means portable patterns. And sweaters don't fit that description for me. The most portable project is socks, and there are only two patterns in the book. Both are okay, but nothing super special.

It still gets 4.5 stars because the patterns look well written, with clear directions and charts and really, the items are gorgeous. They just don't fit my personal preference. It's still absolutely worth a look.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment