Monday, June 24, 2019

Down in Flames, by Cheyl Hollon

Down in Flames (A Webb's Glass Shop Mystery #6)Down in Flames by Cheryl Hollon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 6 in the series.

While the story in this book could be a stand alone, there are so many personal turning points for the main characters in this book, I'd suggest not starting here.

I was glad to be back in St. Pete's with the whole group after the previous book in the series. As usual, the glass working information in the book was interesting. For me, the mystery took a backseat to all the personal issues of the main characters, and I was okay with that. This book is about growth, and is high on emotion.

The murder itself is charged with emotion, the victim being personally known to all of them. It comes off looking like an accident at first, but eventually it becomes apparent that the victim was targeted. After that, the mystery takes off, woven smoothly throughout all the other happenings in the book.

I enjoyed this book, and look forward to more from the Webb's bunch.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book given to me by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment