Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Nacho Average Murder, by Maddie Day

Nacho Average Murder (Country Store Mysteries #7)Nacho Average Murder by Maddie Day

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 7 in the series.

I have to be honest, one thing I love about this series is South Lick and Robbie's friends and acquaintances. So the setting of this book in Robbie's old home town just wasn't really where I wanted to be.

Part of that may be my own feelings about class reunions. I don't ever want to go to one, so I don't really get why anyone else would, either, haha. But my main issue with this book was Robbie sticking her nose into the murder of someone that she had met briefly, for the slightest of reasons. It felt a little forced. And Robbie also had a few too stupid to live moments. She at least acknowledges her stupidity, (I hate my cell phone, but I still would never leave it in my vehicle, and I'm not even an amateur sleuth poking my nose in a murder!) so there's that.

Fortunately, we don't have long to wait before Robbie returns to South Lick and Pans N' Pancakes in book 8! (On my TBR list as well, thanks to the publisher and NetGalley).

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided to me by the publisher, via NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment