Saturday, August 22, 2020

15 Minutes of Flame, by Christin Brecher

15 Minutes of Flame (Nantucket Candle Maker Mystery #3)

15 Minutes of Flame by Christin Brecher 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 3 in the series.

I somehow missed book 2, but that's okay, I was able to read this is a stand alone story.

This one was a Halloween story, so right up my avenue, since that's my favorite holiday. It was fittingly a bit creepy, but also a little kooky, with a touch of cheese, haha. My only concern is that Stella seems a bit harder in this book than she did in the first one. Did something big happen in book two that I missed? She was almost a b%$& at times.

I'd definitely like to see Stella go back the way she was in book 1. Also, my pet peeve with most cozies is that the main character rarely spends much time at their job, so I'd like to see more of Stella's candlemaking business.

That said, I loved the setting of Nantucket and island life, and I am looking forward to more.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided to me by the publisher, via NetGalley.*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment