Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Mums and Mayhem, by Amanda Flower

Mums and Mayhem (A Magic Garden Mystery #3)

Mums and Mayhem by Amanda Flower 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars, I liked it.

Book 3 in the series.

I think this one is my favorite in the series so far, even though it moved a bit slowly.

I liked getting to see more of Fiona's family (and can see why both she and her sister were happy to move thousands of miles away to an entirely different country, haha.) At times I felt like her parents were gaslighting Fi a bit, making her into the bad guy because she wanted to know more about her birth and the circumstances/relationship behind it.

I loved that the garden featured more in this book, as Fiona had to figure out how to save it, and I love that she's opened the garden to everyone. It has always felt like a lovely place that more than just Fiona and Hamish should share.

The one thing that drives me nuts about this series though, is Fiona's sister. She's young, in "luuuuuurve," and selfish, and really annoying because of it. Less Isla and more garden, please.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided to me by the publisher, via NetGalley*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment