Monday, August 10, 2020

Booked For Death, by Victoria Gilbert

Booked for Death (Booklovers B&B Mysteries #1)

Booked for Death by Victoria Gilbert
 

My rating: 1 of 5 stars, it wasn't for me.
 

Book 1 in a series.

I wanted to like it. Once again, the premise of a booklover's vacation excited me, but failed to live up to the idea for me. I didn't really connect with the main character, Charlotte, or her pack of zany associates. Add in, without spoiling too much, the outlandish background of Charlotte's deceased aunt and next door neighbor and this book is a pale shadow of the Book Retreat cozy series, (which ended up utterly out there, but at least the characters were likeable.)

This series is a "One and done," for me.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided to me by the publisher, via NetGalley*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment