Wednesday, September 2, 2020

For Whom the Book Tolls, by Laura Gail Black

For Whom the Book Tolls (An Antique Bookshop Mystery #1)

For Whom the Book Tolls by Laura Gail Black 

My rating: 2 of 5 stars, it was okay.

Book 1 in a new series.

In a typical first, we meet the main character, Jenna, as she stumbles upon a murder. We learn about her as the book goes on. I had trouble connecting with Jenna, she doesn't come off as super likeable. And the bully police detective didn't help me like the book any more. Too bad, because I love bookstores and this should be a wonderful series.

I'm going to chalk most of the issues up to being first in the series and hope that subsequent books are more likeable.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book provided to me by the publisher, via NetGalley*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment